What Is Lavender Oil?
Lavender oil is considered the most aromatic oil from decades especially separated from certain flower species through steam distillation.
- Hindi Name : Lavender tel
- Sanskrit Name : Ustukhudusa
- English Name : Lavandula angustifolia
- Latin Name : Lavandula
Why Should You Use Lavender Oil?
- Soothes stuffy nose
- Encourage a tight sleep
- Relieves pain & sprain naturally
- Comforts redness and rashes
- Useful against bug bites
1. Soothes stuffy nose
Lavender oil helps with a stuffy, congested nose, and helps ease fever in kids. Take 2 tablespoons of lavender oil and massage a small amount on the neck, nose, feet and on the chest. Try using a roll on for proper relief from congested and stuffy nose.
2. Encourage a tight sleep
A quick aromatherapy massage after baby bath helps kid relieve stress and fussiness. This would help kids have a tight goodnight sleep. A diffuser with some drops of lavender oil would also help.
3. Relieves pain & strain naturally
Mix few drops of lavender oil with hot water. Wipe off the dirt from the wounded part. Use a cotton ball dipped in the lavender oil diffused water to apply on the wound. This would help relieve the pain and strain caused by the wound.
4. Comforts redness and rashes
When it comes to diaper rash or any other rash, lavender oil helps calm and relieve that as well. Lavender oil even tames the itchiness and redness of mosquito and other bug bites after applying it as a roll on.
Other Lavender Oil Uses
- Can be used as diffuser to help soothe your insecure baby.
- Can be used to relieve toothing problems, pains & strains
- Used for Aromatherapy massage
- Ease symptoms of colic
- Reduce emotional stress