Home Remedies to Treat Vomiting in Children
Vomiting in children is not always a serious problem but if your child vomits frequently you will obviously worry! Medicines can cure vomiting but generally children despise taking medicines instead you can opt for some home remedies that can soothe them and eases vomiting and provides relief!
Listed below are some of the home remedies to treat vomiting in children:
- Increase in Fluid Intake: When children vomit frequently it leads to dehydration and they get tired. It is necessary to increase the fluid intake to replenish the lost fluids from their body. But be careful while making them sip fluid, it should be done slowly as making them sip all together can lead to more vomiting. In addition to that, refrain the child from taking any solid food at least for 12 hours after vomiting stops. You can also give them vegetable soup or clear broth to make them feel good.
- Try out for Ginger juice and Honey: Ginger is known to work well for nausea and vomiting. Squeeze the juice out of the grated ginger and add few drops of honey to it. Give it to your little one twice or thrice a day. This mixture will not only cure nausea but also treat digestion problems.
- Mint helps too: Take some fresh mint leaves and grind them, extract the juice. Take about 1 teaspoon of mint juice and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and little honey to it. Give this mixture to your little one, if your kid is old enough you can also give him some fresh mint leaves to chew!
- Cardamom Seeds to Prevention: This is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies to treat vomiting. Grind half spoon of cardamom seeds and add some sugar to it, give this mixture to your child to ease nausea and prevent vomiting.
- Try for some Fennel: Fennel seeds calm digestive tract. It is the antimicrobial property that helps to ease nausea and vomiting! Boil a teaspoon of fennel seeds in water for about 10 minutes and strain the mixture and give it to your child.
- Rice Water: Take a cup of white rice and boil it in two cups of water. Half-boil the rice and strain the excess water. Make your child drink this water. Rice water is known for curing vomiting that is caused due to gastritis.
- Cloves to saviour: Cloves help in providing relief from vomiting and ease digestion process. If your child is old enough, you can give him clove to chew or boil few cloves in water and strain the water, add few drops of honey and give it to your child.
These are some of the home remedies that you can surely try out to ease nausea and vomiting in your child. If your child doesn’t respond to any of the remedies, you should then seek medical help. Vomiting is not a critical problem and can be easily treated at home.
- Posted in: