Incredible Benefits of Oats for Children
Oats are one of the healthiest foods that one should always have in its diet. It is loaded with several nutritional values which not only keeps an adult healthy but also children active and playful. Pure Oats are gluten-free whole grain, which are not only the great source of vitamins and minerals but also the server of rich fibre and antioxidants.
Scientifically, oats are called Avena Sativa. Raw oats take a lot of time to get cooked hence nowadays processed varieties of oats are widely available in the market to reduce its cooking time. These processed varieties of oats are equally good and healthy and can be cooked in both sweet and salty taste.
Oats are helpful in promoting human energy and reducing weight. Additionally, it is a good source of complex carbs and rich fibres. Oat is a unique cereal loaded with several vital nutrients like proteins, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF OATS IN CHILDREN
- Oats are the rich source of calcium and phosphorus which are essential in strengthening the bones.
- Oats contain soluble and insoluble fibre which helps in smooth digestion of food, thereby reducing the constipation in kids.
- Oats are the best source of energy and antioxidants which keeps the body energetic by reducing the level of bad cholesterol.
- Oats are low in calories and therefore the regular consumption of the same will not lead to obesity in kids.
- The presence of Beta-Glucan in oats makes neutrophils more effective building more immunity power.
- Scientific studies also state that the percentage of Proteins present in oats also keeps the hair scalp smooth and moisturized and thus it minimises the occurrence of dandruff.
- Oatmeal also cures acid reflux by absorbing acid from the food and neutralizing the acidity. Moreover, it prevents acid secretion and does not allow acid reflux.
- With the presence of anti-inflammatory properties, consumption of oats also prevents asthma in children.
- Oats are good for building muscles in children.
- Posted in:
- General Tips